My sister, Amber, threw me a "tamale" themed baby shower while I was visiting her in Seattle. She did an excellent job and I was extremely impressed. It was on a Saturday afternoon at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Pesos. We ate delicious appetizers, played one simple game, opened presents, ate cake, and chatted. The best part of the baby shower was spending time with all my friends.
Julia Grazzini won the game by mere centimeters. We had everyone cut a piece of string which was their guess on how big a round I was. Then we measured my actual size and the person whose string was the closest to mine won. Congrats Julia!
I received many cute and useful gifts such as soft blankets, play toys, a bathtub, and clothes. Thank you everyone for your generosity!
Everyone needs to know about the cake drama. Basically my sister tried to get the cake made with the above design however; she couldn't find any bakery to do it for various different reasons. So the night before the shower we decided that we could decorate the cake ourselves. We had to buy a frozen cake and let it defrost so we couldn't start decorating it until the next morning. As we started decorating everything went wrong. The white frostings were different shades of white, the frosting wouldn't blend together, and the icing kept coming out in blobs. As we were leaving for the shower we realized that we couldn't bring the above cake because it looked horrible. So we swung by Baskin Robins and picked up an ice cream cake which ended up being the wrong flavor. We couldn't win with the cake!
Here are the adorable party favor bags that my sister put together. They had Hot Tamale gum, mouth spray, and candy.
Top Photo: My sister and I
Bottom Photo: Marcy and I
Top Photo: Karen and I
Bottom Photo: Ronit and I
Here's a photo of me at 30 weeks










What a FUN shower!! You look great!! Cute little baby bump!! :) I love it! You are on the 10 week, countdown girl! I am right behind you and can't wait to meet our little guy!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! Cannot wait to see little baby Robles. :) ~Jeffi
ReplyDelete