Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oakland

Casey participated in an Ironman in northern California (separate post soon to come) so we made a trip out of it.  We flew into Oakland and had plans to spend the afternoon site-seeing, but the boys were exhausted from traveling so we waited until the next morning.  Oakland was a scary place and I felt this way before Casey told me about the shooting.  I definitely wouldn't live there and probably wouldn't go back unless I had to.  

 A view of the bay from the Oakland Temple.  If you look close enough you can see the Golden Gate bridge.

 Family picture in front of the Oakland Temple

This Fairyland was an interesting place.  It was packed full with smiling kids, but it was run down and disgustingly dirty.  Oh, and most of the attractions were broken.  Glad we went and would recommend it to the non-germ-a-phob's. 

 The boys by Humpty Dumpty

 Casey and Spencer sliding down Jack and Jill's hill.

 Spencer got to ride the mini carousel by himself.  He's growing up too fast!
 
 Who's the extra dwarf?

Ryanne and Oliver waiting for the puppet show to start

No comments:

Post a Comment