Friday, May 13, 2011

Boston Marathon

Casey ran the Boston Marathon 3 1/2 weeks ago and ever since then I've been meaning to post the pictures.  We flew home the same day of the race and since we landed in Utah we haven't stopped - Easter, Spencer's birthday, Mother's Day, and a race in Moab.  Anyways, here are the photos.

Casey holding his bib number. 
 
Checking in for the race did not go as planned because Spencer was tired and hungry.  After trying to feed him baby food I resorted to whipping out the boob in front of everyone because we couldn't find a private spot in the convention center.  After Spencer got food things were better.

 
Spencer eating breakfast waiting for Casey to run by

All of us waiting to cheer Casey on

Casey after the race.  He finished in 2 hours and 49 minutes - I wish!  We didn't find him for awhile after he crossed the finish line because he made a stop at the medical tent first.  He was cramping so they massaged him real good.
 
Since my birthday was the same day of the race Casey decided to give me a clever card.  He wrote this on his chest and when he ran past us he had his shirt off.  I'll never forgot this card.

 
All of us at the end of the race

Family photo after the race

3 comments:

  1. please tell spencer thanks for the party- the glow sticks from his party favors were the BEST thing ever for the twins on our long plane rides. they held them as they fell asleep on the floor of our overnight ride. they kept em happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Casey! Looks a bit "nipply"! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this post. Amazing Casey! Ryanne, you are amazing support. I think you make an amazing team. I want to be like you both when I grow up. :-)

    ReplyDelete